Peter Radizeski is Founder and President of RAD-INFO INC. He is an accomplished blogalyst, speaker, author and consultant. He has helped many service providers with sales training, marketing, channel development and business strategy. He is a trusted source of knowledge about the telecom sector. His honest and direct approach make him a refreshing speaker.

Look for his innovative ideas and analysis of current technology on his blogs.

Meet him at one of the many conferences he attends and speaks at.

Hire RAD-INFO today!

Cloud, IOT and DC Tidbits (Part 2454)

Tidbits of surveys from the 451 Research and other studies.

Cloud

Cloud adoption remains strong, with 60% of respondents indicating either Initial Implementation (31%) or Broad Implementation (29%) of production applications. Just over a quarter of the respondents are either Running Trials/Pilot Projects (15%) or Discovery and Evaluation (12%).

Respondents were asked to pick their top cloud computing related projects over the next 12 months and Cloud Security (37%) topped the list followed by SaaS for Application Modernization/Migration (33%) and Technology/Infrastructure Refresh (32%) was a close third.

“The [451] survey also asked if organizations are using professional services for their cloud enablement and it turns out that they are almost evenly split, with 41% indicating that they do use professional services – while the other 59% said they do not.

451 Research reports from HERE, HERE and HERE.

IOT

Compelling Business Need (52%) was the top driver for increases in IoT spending while another 48% cited Improved Daily Operational Efficiencies second, and Respond Faster to Customer Needs (43%) was third.

Currently for the vast majority of respondents, 87% said they did not have a dedicated budget for IoT, but rather it is part of their overall IT budget. In contrast, only 13% said they have a dedicated budget for IoT.

IoT presents new deployment challenges, so respondents were asked about their key IoT-related technology priorities. IoT Security (47%) tops the list, followed by Big Data Analytics for IoT (34%) and IoT Infrastructure Equipment (31%).

IT Pain Points

For those respondents that are adding dedicated staff in 2017, the top skillset they are looking for is Data/Analytics (70%). Security (55%) and Cloud Computing (55%) are tied for second and Network Edge/Perimeter (45%) is third.

According to 48% of respondents, Cost/Budget is the chief IT pain point, followed closely by Responding Effectively to Changing Business (45%) and Security Issues/Concerns (41%).

Data Center Priorities and Pain Points

Respondents were asked how they would address a shortage of floor space or power capacity within their data centers. An external fix, to Utilize Off-Premises Public Cloud Providers (37%) topped the list, followed by two internal initiatives: Consolidate IT Infrastructure to Accommodate Power and/or Space Availability (34%) and Expand an Existing Data Center (26%).

Respondents were asked about their highest-priority projects for data centers, and Improving Existing IT Asset Utilization (48%, up 4-pts) remains at the top of the list. Data Center Consolidation (28%, up 2-pts) is a second. Upgrading/Retrofitting an Existing Facility (20%, down 3-pts)is in third place.

Tags: , , ,
Related tags: , , , , ,

Related Entries

  • Channel Outlook in a Mega-Merger WorldNov 07, 2016
  • IOT Evolution: TellientFeb 11, 2017
  • A Quick Look at Emerging Technologies for Next WeekJan 31, 2017
  • A Look Back at 2016 NewsDec 14, 2016
  • The Data Center Market is at a PeakOct 17, 2016
  • The Mighty Light of Wall StreetSep 01, 2016
  • Tidbits #2438Jun 07, 2016
  • Data Center Outlook for 2016Jan 06, 2016
    Dany-me-boston-2015-1667.jpg
  • Data Centers are HotDec 24, 2015
  • Lessons from the NGC15Dec 10, 2015
  • TrackBacks
    | Comments | Tag with del.icio.us | On Rad’s Radar? Home | Permalink: Cloud, IOT and DC Tidbits (Part 2454)


    Copyright On Rad’s Radar?


    Sellecom: 101 Ideas for Marketing in the Telecom Jungle by Peter RadizeskiSELLECOM: 101 Ideas for Marketing in the Telecom Jungle.

    by Peter Radizeski